Since 0.8.0, Videosync can download and install updates automatically.
The installer will launch itself when either the control surface or the plug-ins need to be updated. At this moment, each Videosync version will create a plug-in folder in the User Library. We do this to make sure that we don’t accidentally overwrite any plug-ins and mess up your Live set. Check the changelog to see which plug-ins have changed.
Updating an existing Live set with newer plug-ins can be quite easy if you know some tricks to do so. In our experience, the following procedure is the simplest and most reliable:
- First, create a backup of your current Live set.
- Open the ‘File Manager’ in Live, under View in the Main Menu.
- Click on ‘Manage Set’ and then on ‘View Files’.
- Locate the new plug-ins in Live’s Browser.
- Drag-and-drop each plug-in you’re using from the Browser on the left onto the name of the plug-in in the File Manager on the right.
- Check if the file path of the replaced plug-in matches with the correct Videosync plug-ins folder by hovering over it.